Friday, April 27, 2012

Spring Hairstyles

Last post was about Spring fashions. When getting ready to exit your home, you not only get dressed but do your hair too. Hair is such a broad subject. There is curly, straight, and wavy. There is short, long and in between. No matter what type of hair you have, it is very important that you look presentable.

With Spring already here, why don't we do something new? I once had a classmate that did the same hairstyle, two pigtails everyday from kindergarten to fourth grade. From fifth grade until I left the public school (6th grade) she wore a ponytail. On rare occasions would she change her style. That is sorta like me, just not that extreme. I don't want to be known as the pigtail girl. I do not want to always do the same hairstyle. 

I figured that since God gave us dominion over everything, the least I could do is subdue this hair of mine. When I say you should be creative with your hair and try new things, I do not mean be vain. There is a very thin line between being vain and making yourself pretty and presentable for God and others.

"Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

5 Simple steps to "change" your look

1. During wintertime ones hair usually gets very dry. You should consider getting your ends trimmed. If your really daring get a complete different hair cut. 

2. Let your hair go free. Most people keep their hair tied up. Leave your hair out. For those who want their hair to grow longer, it is recommended to leave your hair loose, so that it can grow "faster".
Via
3. This is sort of goes with rule number 2. If you usually keep your hair loose, tie it up or pick it up. If you leave it in a ponytail, let your hair go free, or pick it up. Do something out of the usual from your usual routine.
Via
4. Braids. I am a huge fan of braids. There are so many things you can do with braids. There are up do's that are constructed form braids, elegant buns, intricate side ponytails, and even braided headbands that add so much to your look.


5. Flower Power. If you have a regular braid, ponytail, or even your hair loose, by simply adding a flower or a bow it definitely adds volumes to your simple hairstyle. Don't go small. Choose a bigger flower than you would normally go for. By going big you are getting out of your comfort zone which is a big plus, and it allows for it to be seen better with your outfit.
Via

A couple of places to get inspired are:
Youtube 
Pinterest
Internet

So ladies get of your routine and do something different. As they say "First impressions are lasting impressions." You just never know when you'll be making that lasting impression.

1 comment:

  1. I like these hairstyle tips. I would like to try some new braid styles. A few weeks ago I did a fishtail braid and it came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)