Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blog Calendar

If you are reading this, then more likely than not you are a blogger yourself. Blogging is a way to connect with others, share great tips, and keep an online journal of your life. Some months are super great. You have a flow of ideas of what you want to write about. Other months are not so great. You are at a loss  for ideas. Other times you have lots of ideas, but either forget them, never start them, or  do not know when to write them, so they are thus discarded. 

I have found a very great way to keep all my ideas down and when to post my ideas. I use a blog calender. I have found this method to be very helpful to me. Since I do lots of book reviews I just write them down on my calender so I do not forget.


You do not have to get anything fancy. I use an Office Max calendar that my mom got for free. 

I use this tiny spot to write down any ideas I want to write about, and things I want to include in that specific post.

This is what last month looks like. All the yellow highlights are the things I did. The ones left not highlighted are the things I did not get to that month.

You are probably thinking this is too strict. What if I do not want to plan my whole month on what I want to write about? Well that is one of the reasons I write in pencil. If I feel inspired to write something totally different I could just erase and fill it in. March was a pretty easy month but not all my months look as neat and done as this one. 

Some months, like April, look like this. Yellow means done. Red here means rescheduled. Blue means did not do it.

This has been a real blessing in my life. It helps me to be accountable to myself and you guys. It allows me to see when I do not write and when I do. Once the month is over, I like to count to see how many posts I did accomplish in the month. I noticed the 2 months I did not write anything down in my calendar were the 2 months I felt uninspired. 

Maybe you won't plan out your whole month but you whole week instead. It all depends on how you want to do it. There is not right way. Do not feel bad if you forget to plan it out.  Have fun with it and be creative!

2 comments:

  1. Hey...I have the same organizer...but can't find it;(
    I may need to go back and re-read your organizing series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I also have a little organizer where I write down blog post ideas. It makes things much easier.

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)