Monday, May 07, 2012

Bible Confessions- Tithe

Via

Our spiritual lives are not to be taken lightly. Our God is so holy that one sin can keep us away from His holy presence. This is not to scare you, but more to see the seriousness of keeping your mind, heart, words, and actions pure and holy.

Continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
Philippians 2:12b
Recently, I found a fox in my spiritual life. Although, he was a very big one, I did not even see him. This goes to show that no one is perfect.

Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me."But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' "In tithes and offerings.
Malachi 3:8

Yep, that was me. 

I have been a Christian ever since I was 5 years-old. So ever since then, my mom has been handling my tithe giving. It was not until last August when my mom started paying me to teach my little sister art, that I was also given the responsibility of my tithes. Currently, my mom is paying me a dollar a day. 

The tithe of one dollar is about 10 cents. That is about 50 cents a week. The amount being so small, I completely forgot to tithe. It was at the beginning of this month that I realized my fault. Thanks to my mom's meticulous record keeping, I could estimate about how many lessons I did and how much tithe to give. To be on the safe side I  even gave extra.

Now that I have recognized my sin, repented, and paid back, there is still one more thing left to do. I have to make a conscious effort for this not to happen again. I now have an envelope where I can put any money that I receive. I know that I have not tithed from the money in there so as to help me not forget.

So I encourage you ladies to examine your spiritual lives.

Catch for us the foxes, the little foxes that ruin the vineyards, our vineyards that are in bloom.
Song of Solomon 2:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)