Tuesday, May 29, 2012

All About Me in Books!

I got these questions from my dear friend and fellow blogger, Aizess.


What is your favorite genre? I enjoy reading Christian fiction. More specifically historical romance. I am starting to read contemporary novels, which I've enjoyed so far.

What is your all time favorite book? For now my all time favorite fiction book is Promise Me This by Cathy Gohlke.

What character has stood the test of time? I definitely have to agree with Aizess on this one. The Tucker family from The Shiloh Legacy series. They way the parents fell in love was beautiful. The many adventures the children were involved in were thrilling and exciting. The joys and heartache were near and dear to me.

What was the most boring book you've read? Almost all the books I have read were superb, but this one was the exception, Oops by Bill Myers. I would not have finished it, if it were not for the fact that I had to review it.

What book has had the most BANG! ending? I usually read books that end with a sigh of relief and happiness, not thrillers. The only book that comes to mind is For Time and Eternity by Allison Pittman. The author left one of the characters in a blizzard so I had to read the next book.



Which character has disgusted you the most? A character that has totally disgusted me is Wolf von Fritschauer from Warsaw Requiem by Bodie Thoene. I am so glad he is not a real person.

Which character has been the Villain of Villains? "My" villain would have to be Mary Bramble from Paper Roses by Amanda Cabot. Yes, a woman! She is so cruel and heartless and crazy. At the end of the story she left me with my mouth hanging open with shock.

Okay, a really fun question: If you could choose one character to be your husband who would you choose? This was a hard one. I would have to choose Willie LaHaye from the Love Comes Softly Series. He is the tall dark and handsome godly type of man. Yes I do realize he's a fictional character:)

Last question: what is the ideal Christian fiction novel? The ideal Christian fiction novel would have to first and foremost be God glorifying. That praises Jesus. It is a joy to find books that feed me spiritually. That teach me and allow me to grow more in my relationship with Jesus. A book that has clean romance. Book jam packed with action and suspense. I definitely enjoy a book with some history involved as well. Last but not least a book with a satisfying ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)