Monday, April 01, 2013

Book Review- Unrivaled

Lucy has come back from her grand tour in Europe. She has the latest fashions and newest candies in her trunk that will give her the motivation to help her father's dying business. What she doesn't realize is the situation is a lot more drastic than she presumed. When she accidently falls in love with the son of her family's rival her life becomes complicated and situations become sticky. Lucy will do anything to help the failing company, and Charles will do anything to have his fathers approval. Can these two set aside their bitter competition to have the sweet love story they both deserve. 

Unrivaled is told in both Lucy and Charlie's perspective giving it a more intimate feel. The reader was able to see what motivated each character to do some of the very drastic things. We were able to sympathize on a more one on one level. Lucy was a well developed character. She certainly had her faults judgmental, stubborn, mean, and heartless were one of the many characteristics that made her original and relatable. It was beautiful to see her transformation throughout the book. The times the two characters interacted were very humorous, each held a scheme on how to outdo the other. Their plans did not always go as desired but they created some funny catastrophes.

This is the first novel that I have read by Siri Mitchell and I was impressed. The rich detail that went into making this book was clearly evident. The colorful and detailed descriptions of the making of various candies was very informative. I loved the various 'candy quotes' the author sprinkled in. She added some twists like woman in business and rich people marrying for love instead of money to top the book off. I enjoyed the light and entertaining feel the book had. I would recommend it to readers who love reading about history and sweet romances. I give Unrivaled a 4 out of 5.

I received this book, for free, from Litfuse in exchange for this independent and unbiased review. 


Enter Today - 3/25- 4/18!
Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell Kindle Fire Giveaawy
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed my book! Thanks for taking the time to write and post a review.

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)