Friday, April 05, 2013

Book Review: Mountain Homecoming

Returning back to Cades Cove after a 20 year long gap we are reunited with characters we fell in love with in the first book. We find many changes in the life of Anna and Simon Martin. They have two children Stephen who is off in college and Rani their passionate daughter who is in love with "her" mountains. Granny, well advanced in years, is now living with the Martins. After leaving the Cove under hard circumstances and living a life of hardship, Matthew finds his way back home. 

I enjoyed my return visit to the Cove. The place is described as a fairy tale with its majestic blue mountains, quaint little houses, and the mountain laurel in full bloom. The rich detail allowed the place to come alive in my imagination. Though the Cove seemed like heaven on earth we were able to glimpse the many hardships these people went through. 

I loved Rani and Matthew, both had internal struggles and shortcomings, but their love for the Lord helped them overcome and mature. I loved how their romance was not perfect. There were arguments, heartaches, but in the end God's will prevailed.

Mountain Homecoming is a rich tale of forgiveness, redemption, the importance of family, and love. All of these factors included served to encourage and enrich the reader. I give Mountain Homecoming a 4 out of 5. 

I received this book from First Wild Card Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)