Friday, March 23, 2012

Ready. Set. Write!

Via
In our diary journey, we are up to the writing part. We have chosen the book and have personalized it (if you have not yet done so, I would encourage you to read the last two posts concerning this here and here).  But now comes the hard part, writing. Many times we think we have nothing to write about. We fall into that misconception that our lives are boring. 

You do not have to live on a farm, tackling pigs and milking cows to have an adventurous day.  Nor, do your days have to consist of the hustle and bustle of city life to make for a movie plot line.   Adventure is found in many different ways. Each person's life is unique and different. 

I like to write a personal count my blessings everyday to be thankful of all the things big or little that have happened that day. That is a great way to get the creative writing juices flowing. Since this is a journal you can elaborate on your simple one sentence blessing of that day. You may thank God for the great time you had at the zoo, but in your journal you could write your thoughts and expand further on what you saw and heard. What was your favorite part of the experience.

You could write this journal directed to your future children, God, or even just yourself. I think I am going to write it for myself, but descriptive enough and meaningful that if my children were to read it they could understand my life as a teen. You could include small prayers and petitions to pour out your heart to God.  

I encourage you to start simple. I had a good day... I went to... I got a new pair of... Make sure to keep any reminders of that day such as your ticket to the zoo, or your sticker from the doctor.  This is a list of ideas you could write about, which I found on Becky's blog. The list is guided towards picture taking ideas, but you could very well use the same ideas for writing. Hope it helps.

Do not get discouraged if you do not write on a daily basis. It can be frustrating to see that the last time you wrote was 3 months ago. You just have to pick up where you last left off and continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)