Saturday, October 20, 2012

Apple Cider Vinegar

A personal goal of mine was to let my hair grow out long. If I want long hair I wanted it to be healthy and thick. Since my hair is sooo thick build up accumulates on my scalp. When your folicles are clogged, it is harder for the hair to grow, and grow healthy. After doing some research, I found out that apple cider vinegar is a great and inexpensive hair treatment that de clogs the follicles. Two saturdays ago my mother and I went to a natural store, in search for some. 

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar- $5.00
1/2 cup of water

Directions:
After washing your hair, mix ACV. Pour it on your head and massage into the hair and scalp with your fingers. Rinse with warm water to remove. 1 to 2 times a week.

Warning:
ACV really stinks! I mean really! So I would advise for you to just let it air dry before braiding it. You don't necessarily need to put 1/2 vinegar 1/2 water it just has to have that same ratio. After a month of detoxing  every Saturday, I will then do it just once a month. 


2 comments:

  1. I wish that I had thought of detoxing my hair much sooner, especially with the amount of gel and hairspray I used to use.

    The method I am using now is def. working for me.

    Maybe I'll try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACV does have a very pungent smell, but it does have great health benefits. :)

    http://eternal-simplicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)