Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Love Triumphs- Guest Post


One of the things I love about blogging is "meeting" new people. You get to establish new friendships with people you have never met and that are from different places. I decided to do something different for the Love Challenge and have invited Aimee, to do a guest post on how love triumphs. I really enjoy reading her blog which is written with a passion and love for the Lord that is so beautiful.  Be sure to head on over to read more of her writing over at her blog All Filled Up.  

Without further ado Aimee shares:


This is the story of how love saved my life.

When I was five years old, my dad divorced my mom. Everything changed in one day. My mom brought my siblings and I to live with my grandparents across the country until we could find a house nearby. Although I didn’t really understand all that was happening, it started to become clear when my dad mailed me a small snapshot of him and his new wife just after they were married by the Justice of the Peace. I stared at that picture for hours. Why would my daddy want to leave my family for another one?

During elementary and middle school, I especially struggled with not having a father involved in my life. My wonderful church was filled with complete families: a father, a mother, and usually three or four kids. Why couldn’t I be like them? It seemed so un-complicated. They didn’t have to worry about handling step-families, chaotic visitation schedules, and all the challenging emotions that come with divorce. Besides all that, I missed my dad.

But one morning, God came into my life in a new way. I got up in the morning and went to have my quiet time like I did every morning. Today’s assigned passage was in 2 Corinthians. It said, “and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty” (2 Corinthians 6:18). Did it really say that? I re-read it. Yes, it said that God is my Father. He made me his daughter! I am not fatherless after all! He took over the role that my earthly dad forsook.

Ever since then, I live differently. I used to live like my family was incomplete. Now I live in light of the fact that my Father is the king of the universe! I live for Him, because He sacrificed his life just to adopt me. That is how God’s love saved my life. His love broke through all the odds and rescued me from my despair. What Satan meant for evil, God’s love made better than it was before.

Your parents might not be divorced like mine, but God still wants to be your Father. He loves you more than anyone – more than your friends, more than a boyfriend, more than you yourself do! He will never let you go. Today ask him to reveal himself to you in a new way. Ask him to show his Fatherhood to you.

Once again thanks to Aimee for guest posting.  Wow!  That is the God we serve...another reminder that love never fails.  Love triumphs!

1 comment:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)