Monday, December 05, 2011

Who Am I

I recently went to a "Product Party." Only the girls of my immediate family were invited. We answered girly questions, had some great laughs and got gift bags. One of the contents was a bracelet. The bracelet came with a card that read
"I am proud to be a woman.
I am proud to be Latina.
I am proud of all that I have accomplished. 
I am proud of all that I will achieve.
It is the culmination of pride that
gives me the strength to walk
with la falda bien puesta."
Show the world you are una mujer con la falda bien puesta.

The italicized words mean a woman with her skirt well put on. That means a woman who is strong in her convictions. Dedicated to The Lord. Unmoved by the storms around her. At first I found the card to be so funny, but after reading it a couple of times noted how sad it was. I am a "woman." I am a Latina. What does that matter to the Lord. I have not accomplished anything and will not achieve anything without Him. What we are and what we have done mean nothing to God. The most important thing is what He did for us. His sacrifice for me. When we realize it is not all about us and all about Jesus we can then rejoice in our accomplishments through Him. I encourage you to not look at what we do and what we are, but on the Lord. 

I am a child of the Most High God.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)