Monday, November 26, 2012

Book Review- Every Perfect Gift


Every Perfect Gift, book 3 to the Hickory Ridge series, was a great final to the series. Dorothy weaved a beautiful southern tale of love during the post Civil War period. There is a little bit of everything in this book for everyone, romance, mystery, suspense and laugh out loud moments (to name a few). 

Having read the previous book to this series, I was somewhat familiar to the goings on of the small Hickory Ridge town, but with the almost one-year lapse between I was bound to forget things. Time being a huge factor to the lack of connection to the second characters was also followed by with the fact that the author took out many of the old characters replacing them with new ones. I also thought the pace of the romance was too fast. It was a love at first glance type of romance, which seemed unrealistic to me.

Despite those two objections, Every Perfect Gift had many redeemable qualities. The lesson of the story was about healing after heartache, and choosing either to stay in the past or live anew. Overall Every Perfect Gift was a great novel that kept me turning the pages to see what happened next. I enjoyed my read, and I know you will too! This book makes a great holiday present to all those who enjoy southern tales of romance!


No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)