Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Be Still. Be Fearless.


Be Still... Listen. Really listen. What you are hearing is the warm sounds of summer.

Summer is upon us and what are we going to do? Are we going to spend the days behind the camera lens taking pictures, Instagramming about the yummy fruit salads we're eating, keeping our noses stuck in the latest new book? Or are we just going to be still and live?

Be Still...

Instead of always being behind the camera lens, why don't you be in front of it? Why don't you let your eyes do the capturing and your mind keep the memories. Instead of informing your friends through all sorts of social media networks what your doing, why don't you enjoy what you are doing at that moment without letting the world know. Instead of using your eyes to read those fascinating and appealing sentences, use them to look at the beauty that surrounds you.

In the world we live in, we are constantly doing, but the summer is a free ticket to just Be Still and enjoy all that God has done.

Be Fearless. Be Bold. Be Adventurous.

Apart from being still and just simply living, we have to learn to be dynamic. Learn something new. Go different places. Learn new facts. Make new friends. This summer though already half way done, still can hold bright things for us.

I hope to learn to swim this year. Yes, I'm fifteen and do not know how to swim. Water has been a long time fear of mine, that I want to overcome. My mom has threatened to throw me into a river. She says I'll have no choice but to learn. She was just kidding, but my dad looks like he would do it:) So I want to overcome that fear, and Be Fearless!

What about you? Will you Be sill... and Fearless?

Entered Jessica's giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog! I'm past 20 and I still don't know how to swim, but I too want to have lessons and overcome it.

    God is good and He fills our lives with good things.

    Blessings to you.

    Psalm 103:5

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)