Monday, May 26, 2014

Healthy Girl Series

Awhile back my family and I decided to go healthy! YAY! After watching the documentary Forks Over Knives we were convicted to let go of a lot of things in our diet, namely milk and dairy products, meat, high sugary, and processed foods. When I say give up I mean its not that we never eat it, its all about modifying. We have replaced cow's milk with natural homemade almond milk. Instead of store bought bread we make our own. We also eat a lot of fish now instead of meat or chicken. When you take out things that you are accustomed to eating, it can be hard to come up with substitutions and healthy alternatives. I am going to be sharing some of our favorite recipes in hopes of inspiring you in your healthy eating lifestyle. Eating healthy can still be yummy!!! 


For this recipe you will simply need 1 can of tuna, 1 avocado, bread, and salt and pepper.

Place your avocado in a food processor to save time in not having to hand smash. Mix your tuna with the creamy avocado, which substitutes the use of mayonnaise. You can add salt and pepper to flavor it.
When paired with some delicious homemade bread you'll have one delicious and healthy lunch! (Its always good to add some fruit to your meals wether in actual form or in a smoothie.) 

Hope you enjoyed and were inspired to make delicious healthy food. I seriously reccomend watching the Forks over Knives documentary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)