Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Joys of Blogging

This is a paragraph I submitted for my college course assignment. What do you think about it?

Having started my blog almost two years ago, I had no idea what a big part it would play in my life. From that point, I did not realize how much I would enjoy blogging and the many different aspects that come with it such as making friends, improving my writing and photography, and teaching others. 

One of my favorite things about blogging would have to be making friends. Because I became more cyber friendly, blogging served as a common denominator to making new friends. As I have gotten to know them better, I have deepened my online relationships further through emails, letters, and gifts. I enjoy the fellowship I share with other like minded teens. The friends I have serve as a huge encouragement to me. 

Furthermore, blogging has helped me tremendously academically: in my writing and photography. Throughout the years, with the help of writing book reviews and writing my thoughts for all to see, I have witnessed my progress of grammatically incorrect and run-on sentences, to clearer and more concise ones. Reading other photography blogs has also aided me in my knowledge of the subject. Seeing others take beautiful pictures spurs me into action to do likewise. 

Lastly, blogging helps me to help others. I enjoy teaching people through a simple DIY, tutorial, product review or even by answering questions. Though I do not claim to know all the answers, I enjoy sharing the information I do know about. It gives me great satisfaction knowing that I could help someone improve his or her life. 

Overall, I think blogging is a creative outlet where I am able to make friends, express myself, improve myself, and teach others all the while having fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)