Wednesday, March 27, 2013

...If You Came Over to My House...


If you came over to my house today, I'd greet you with a big smile. Depending on how I perceive your personality I'd either give you a hug, half hug with a kiss on the cheek, or a handshake. I would stand  awkwardly silent hoping you're a talkative person. To break the ice I'd ask the usual questions How are you? How's school? 

Most likely I'd give you a little tour of our apartment, pointing out the bathroom, and ending in my room. My room would most likely be clean. I'd tell you about myself, that yes I'm actually fifteen. I don't go to school-no I mean I'm home-schooled. We'd talk and get to know each other better. We'd find our common grounds and our differences. We'd talk about our dreams and future plans.

By now I'd probably take some Instagram pictures of us and what we're doing. (Hashtagging and tagging away:)

I'd tell you that I can't wait to be done with homeschooling. How I do not like math or Chemistry, but the career path I want to pursue is all about those subjects. I'd tell you that I love to read and show you my extensive library. If you're a book worm as well we'd talk about our favorite books, scenes, and characters.

I'd tell you I'm in a blog slump and ask for ideas. We might even talk about our favorite blogs/ bloggers.

I'd probably smile a lot, and listen more than I talk. We'd laugh at random things till our sides hurt. We'd lay down and just soak up the no longer awkward silence. I'd tell you how great it is to have a friend like you to talk to. We'd be true friends and keep in touch long after your visit.

“Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables



post signature

2 comments:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)