Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Canon or Nikon- Eve


Todays Canon or Nikon interview is from Eve over at Essence of Eve. She is such a fantastic photographer! She is also a fellow Canon sister:) So without further ado...


Oh, I'm so honored you picked me! Here are my answers:

What do you use?  I currently shoot with a Canon Rebel XS and have two lenses, including the standard kit lens and a 55-250mm telephoto.
However, I'll be purchasing a Canon 5D MK2 with a 50mm 1.4 in two weeks (after working and saving up for it all summer
long), and so, as I'm sure you can guess, I'm crazy excited! :D

What/ Who influenced your decision? Well, I had Canon recommended to me by a friend, and after doing my own internet research, I settled on the XS. As a
beginner, it suited my needs perfectly & did a great job of introducing me to photography. Now that I've
developed and grown as a photographer though, and plan on opening my own little photography business soon, I felt the need to upgrade. I have long admired the MK2, with its insanely high ISO settings and full-frame sensor, and am blessed to be able to get my own! :)

Canon or Nikon? Why? For myself, I would have to say Canon. It's not that I have anything against Nikon, in fact, I'm convinced that it is also a great brand, I'm just already used to the way Canon works. I know all the settings, buttons, etc. and switching to Nikon would mean having to get used to a whole different look.

Have you shot with the other brand? No, I haven't myself used a Nikon, but I've heard nice things about it. :)

What advice would you give to beginners? Pay attention to light ( a helpful post). If you have a great subject, angle, location, and set up, but lack appropriate lighting conditions, your photos will turn out... let's just say not pretty. Learn to see and be creative ( a little something I wrote on the subject). 
There are tons of little things (and big ones too!) out there, just waiting to be photographed and/or used as props, Find them and capture them - YOUR way. And finally, keep shooting. A well known photography quote is 'Your first 10,000 photos are your worst.' I believe that's true... and you must find out for yourself. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Another great interview! Wow! A 5D MK2! I'm excited for you Eve!

    I like that Eve is is so positive and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)