Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Camp!


Yesterday I started camp! We live in such a virtual world that, my camp exists right on my computer. I have really been wanting to take action in my desire to learn photography. I took action before that became another unfinished thing on my list. I found this class on one of the blogs my mom reads. It looked so interesting, I decided I want to do it. Most online photography classes are super expensive (I have seen some for $500 to $1000)

For some time I have been saving for a camera. Throughout the saving process, I have changed the model various of times. I had a recent unplanned "disaster", that set me terribly behind in my goal. Now, my attitude is why not spend some of my money to actually learn photography. It is pretty useless to have a camera and not know how to use it. So the mere $36 did somewhat effect the little I have saved but in the long run it is worth it.

Day 1 and Day 2 have been a blast. Here are my first and second assignments:

The importance of holding your camera level

Crooked

Level

Horizontal and Vertical Lines

Horizontal

Vertical

I have learned some great stuff so far! Can't wait to see what is in store for me yet! Unfortunately, the classed is already booked up so you can not join, but maybe you can try it next season.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you said, " It is pretty useless to have a camera and not know how to use it."

    Practice is def. key! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)