Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In

This week's Top Ten Tuesday revolves around worlds that we would NEVER want to live in, or characters you'd never want to trade places with. With all the dystopian and post-apocalyptic stuff out there right now, it's not too hard to pick a few.

1. I would definitely not want to live in Jill Williamson's Safe Lands. People are dying of a plague, where the government controls and knows everything, there is forced surrogacy and to top it all off its a place  where pleasure is everything! 

2. Know I would REALLY REALLY not want to be in Spokie. The Swipe Series is a post-apocalyptic book so first of all I would have missed the rapture (enough said there), I would be forced to get the mark of the beast or die, and find out that the world you live in and those around you are not what you knew and trusted them to be.

3. To put it in that perspective I wouldn't want to be in Beacon, or the A.U. or E.U. any where DOME is in control. 

4. The State is an underground world, ruled by scientists, that prohibit emotions and everyone is basically brainwashed to do what they are told... or else. (Anomaly)

5. The Jason Farm!!!! One word CLONES!!! 

6. I would hate to live in the town (forgot the name) where the Inner Society rules. These perfect looking, over-achiever, super rich, teens are basically genetically mapped children who know feel entitled to everything and will do anything to make those from the outside leave! 

7. Its America or is it? Nothing works, cars, watches, water, credit cards. Is it a terrorist attack, or is the world ending, we don't know. Everyone is desperate and especially the Killer who stalks the Branning family's neighborhood

8. Michael Hosea!!! Redeeming Love is a retelling of the Biblical story Hosea and Gomer, so that man goes through a lot of pain. I do not think I could survive emotionally all the things he went through, I mean WOW. 

9. Anything Holocaust related. I love reading WW2 novels admiring the characters bravery, but I do not think I could survive such awful cruelties. 

10. The Titanic is grand and all, but anytime I think of the painful and slow deaths those people faced... I wouldn't trade places for anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)