Tuesday, January 07, 2014

H E L L O 2 0 1 4


Like everyone else I've set some New Year's resolutions. I was commenting to Kianna about wether she was ready to set an absorbent amount of unrealistic goal for the upcoming new year, we then proceeded  to discuss how unlike previous years we wanted to set doable goals this year. Over on her blog you can see the her super doable, yet challenging goals. 

This year I decided to set 5 broad goals and then each month I would set smaller goals to help achieve the overall goal. Inspired by Hannah I've decided to do a monthly resolution check up on the blog, so stay tune for those. Without further ado my 2014 goals:

1. Read the Bible 1x- In 2012 I read the Bible three times, and for the following year I was burnt out. From my whopping 3x victory in 2012 I couldn't even finish it once this year! So though seemingly easy this is a goal my heart desires to do. 

2. Get Fit- This consists of exercising, walking, running, possibly trying rollerblading, and drinking water.

3. Cultivate my Relationships- with God, as a daughter, sister, and friend. 

4. Improve my work ethic- That can mean anything from doing all my work on to the Lord, homeschool, chores- to being an intentional and wise steward of my money, but most importantly learning to be a servant. 

5. Work on my talents- Sometime last year, my mom made us name three things we enjoy doing or would like to do in the near future. I chose tinkering with imovie, card making, and alterations. These are all things I would like to work on and improve. I would love to learn something new, learn an instrument of sort, continue with calligraphy, and most importantly use what the Lord gave me and not be the wicked servant who does nothing with his talent. 


1 comment:

  1. That's the goal right? Setting doable goals. I enjoyed reading your post and I'm excited to see you cultivate your talents!!!

    ReplyDelete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)