Monday, February 04, 2013

Book Review- All For a Song


Dorothy has her family, faith in God, loving fiance, and her music. She thought that was enough. Little did she know she would embark on a journey of a lifetime, leaving the nest and flying out a bit before marriage ties her down again. All For a Song is not your typical novel.

Dorothy was a great character! She was different from your average perfect main character. The author  crafted  her with such a sincerity and honesty that her struggles were felt deep. Dorothy having been sheltered all her life chooses to leave all that she knows behind and experience "life." I somewhat understood her reasons for wanting to see the world over the next hill, but I could not throughoughly bond with her reasons. I also thought she was a bit naive. "Where was her discernment" was the common thought with the choices she made. Her flaws made her easier to relate to, but made for a somewhat sorrowful read.

Most of the characters professed to be Christians, but to me the were truly laking in their morals, especially Aimee Semple McPhearson.

This was such an emotional tale. You witnessed how the main character experienced freedom in the Lord, how the effects of the world influence her either for good or bad, and the redeeming love found in Jesus Christ. I definitely enjoyed reading this book, and would recommend it to those who enjoy emotionally bound books and a good read.

I was provided this book, for free from Tyndale Publishers, in exchange for this independent and unbiased review.  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)