Thursday, January 31, 2013

Book Review: Safe in His Arms

Safe in His Arms is the second book to Under Texas Stars Series. As an avid reader to western romances, I knew at once that I would enjoy this one. The main character was your tenacious and vibrant red head. She is a strong willed and very different woman. Instead of dresses you'll find her in britches, instead of happily married you'll find her cattle roping. She isn't the woman that men fall for, her beauty is on the inside not necessarily on the outside. 

I enjoyed the fact that the main character was not your overly drop dead gorgeous woman. She was your average woman seeking love from her father and her worth in life. She keeps people at arms length, putting fronts to mislead people of her true feelings. She was a dynamic character, with her quirks, her strengths and weaknesses. 

The plot was so filled with action. I think a little too much action. I thought the author added way too much action that was inhumanly possible. Just when you thought you could breathe from the suspension another spasm of action would overcome you. 

Overall the the plot, characters, and lessons were all very invigorating, and soul edifying.  I received an advanced readers copy from Litfuse in exchange for this review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)