Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Bookish Musings

I started getting free books about two years ago. I greatly enjoyed reading every new book that I could possibly get. It became part of my life. The past two years have been an incredible journey. I was introduced to so many new authors and genres, but with all good things there comes an end. Though I will still continue to be getting books from the programs, I will be more selective in my choosing. I am tired of filling my head only with romantic fluff and yearn for more. (I am not against reading romantic novels, just wouldn't recommend it to be the only types of book you read.) I want also, to read books that edify the spirit and draw me closer to the Lord. In January, I read gods at war(review coming soon) and was super enriched and blessed by this book. My family and I have decided to each read a biography of great men used by God. We hope that with these books we can  nourish our minds, help motivate us to follow the good in their lives, and ultimately draw closer to the Lord. My book this month is The Journal of Jim Elliot by Elizabeth Elliot. 

You can follow me on Good Reads to check out my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)