Friday, November 01, 2013

Book Review- Last Night

Last Light, is the first book to the Restoration Series. Terri Blackstock creates a wonderful what if tale of the possibility of the power leaving the whole country. Cars are stalled in the middle of the road, brand-new generators fail to work, even watches stop working and the modern world is thrust in utter darkness of the 1800's. The Branning family witnesses firsthand the desperation the lack of electricity 
induces. While battling thoughts of hoarding their possessions versus sharing them they learn how to work as a family, trust in God, and live without electricity. 

I enjoyed the authors unique story line. I was immediately drawn to the many hardships the different characters faced. The book allowed for many thoughts of reflection. What would I do without electricity? How would I survive? I loved how the everything in the story tied together in the end. My only complaint was the fact that the Branning family was presented as a christian family. They did not act very Christ-like before the power outage, but they did receive a Christ intervention in their lives. 

I cannot wait to continue my journey with the Branning family in the next books of the series. I
received this book for free from BookSneeze in exchange for this independent and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)