Monday, September 16, 2013

Summer Recap `


Summer is basically over, cozy socks and boots have me convinced. This summer was very laid back but still enjoyable. This summers theme in my life was REUNION. As I look back I am thankful for all the people apart of my life. In May my family was able to travel to D.R. and reunite with our church family and meet some family members for the first time. Later in July I was able to see my best friend from school that I had not seen in years. It was so fun to visit her in her house and have her come to church with us. Early August my family went to my Uncles house in upstate New York. Little did we know we'd have a mini family reunion. I was able to see aunts, uncles, cousins, and family friends I had not seen in almost two years since my great- grandmothers funeral. Lastly a couple of days ago my aunt who is here from Ecuador visited our home. Family is such a beautiful thing!

Another reoccurring theme this summer was MATURITY. Kianna and I volunteered at a school starting winter through early summer. I also started volunteering at a hospital. Just with that I was able to come out of my shell, find my 'voice', and just do things for myself. 

I also enjoyed: Learning how to swim. Starting 11th grade. Eating italian ices while watching fireworks from our window. Turning sixteen! Getting in touch/ seeing many of my old school friends through Instagram. Watching new movies. Getting my second pair of Toms. Taking online college courses. Visiting different Vera Bradley stores. Cotton Candy. Carnival rides. Going to the American Girl store, and buying a mini one. The Lord's work in my life.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you do a post about how you style your hair? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you can probably tell I've been in a blog slump lately, but that is actually a great idea. Thanks. Do you have a blog I could check out?

      Delete
    2. Oh, no I don't have a blog. =)
      I tried to watch your recent hair video and I couldn't; some-thing was wrong with it.

      Delete

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)