Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Book Review- Captives

Fast forward to 2088 and what do you get? According to Jill you'll be in for one wild time of an adventure. Taken from your home. Betrayed by  someone you know. Trying to escape and not get influenced by those around you, are all things the people of Glenrock face during their unwelcome captivity. 

The plot like no other was super exciting. The way that the author portrayed the Safe Lands nation was with astonishing detail (she even made up a language to go with it)  that made it realistic. The Safe Lands, with its high technoligical advance, lack of morals, and mysterious air, proved to be anything but safe. 

Though it came as a surprise I enjoyed the many different point of views the story was presented in. I enjoyed each persons point of view equally. They flowed together and though they each added a fresh perspective it felt consistent.  

I thoroughly enjoyed this latest novel of Jill's and can't wait to read what she has in store for us. I give Captives a 4 out of 5 just because the story was left hanging until part two. 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer."
(Psalm 19:14)